Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Purposeful Punctuation

I love that all the punctuation rules are clearly given here, along with examples. I also really appreciate the guidelines for using semicolons! It was good that the authors said in the chapter preview that their focus was not so much on specific questions as it was on the overall meaning contributed through punctuation. To approach it in that way made it much less overwhelming. I also liked the guidelines for colon use and separating prenoun modifiers. However, some of the information I was already confident in, such as apostrophes. Overall, reading this section provided me with a good and very straigthforward review of all we have been learning this term. In addition, it gave clarification to innate grammar rules I already knew but had never seen spelled out before.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home