Wednesday, May 28, 2008

Purposeful Punctuation

I really appreciated this chapter, and the way that it outlined specific rules of punctuation. The rules were very helpful because they pinpointed errors that are incredibly easy to make. As I read through them, I noticed that some of the rules were ones those that I can never seem to remember when I am writing or editing a paper. For instance, I do not have a complete understanding of all the correct places to put a semi colon, but reading through the specific rules really helped solidify my knowledge of how to use the semi colon. There were other rules as well that touched on other types of punctuation which I am not entirely familiar with, or had thought very little about. Altogether, I just felt like this was a very beneficial chapter to read, and can lend itself to be a very useful source in the future.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home