Thursday, May 31, 2007

Writing Across Borders

The Writing Across Borders movie was very interesting. I honestly have never thought about our grammar rules that we instinctively have, I can't say that I was unaware that international students have difficulty writing the way we want them to, but the movie presented it in a way that made me understand what they go through when they come to American schools. Another thing that I thought was interesting was the idea that the style we write in being straight forward and to the point isn't something that is practiced around the world. Personally I prefer that sort of writing because I'm not the best at articulating what I want to say to begin with. All in all, I thought the movie addressed a very important part of the education of International students.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home